Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 Resolutions


January is always an interesting time of year, full of contrast and change. The end of one year brings the beginning of a new one. Resolutions for change are made by people world wide. I have a few resolutions myself.

I will focus on interesting things. I am looking forward to doing more creative work with robotics and automation, reviving some old projects and starting some exciting new ones. There have been many interesting technology changes in the past year and I want to spend more time investigating them. I plan to automate "everything", and of course, document it all.

I plan to give more time and thought to everything through the year. 2011 was a very busy year and I, like many, found I spent more time "doing" than "thinking". Somewhere near the end of the year I had an epiphany - A few extra minutes of evaluation and planning can save hours of wasted or duplicated work. 2012 will be my year for contemplation and think-before-doing.

I will golf more and work less. I have a wonderful family and fantastic friends, but last year I worked an average of 16 hours a day so I never got to spend any time with them. 2012 will be my year for re-connecting - golf with friends, hockey games and picnics with family. Seriously looking forward to it.

2012 should prove to be an exciting year. Are you ready for it?

Be Awesome - Change the world.

No comments: