Sunday, January 5, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Ok, enough of that.  Lets get down to business.

I am going to agree wholeheartedly with a number of my friends in asserting the sentiment "don't just wish for a happy new year, make it happen".  Be the change you want to see, proactively engage, change the universe from your small corner of it.  Forward!

I'll start with this blog and focus more on the type of content I put in it as well as the audience it serves.  For the past several years, I have used this as a random outlet, but clearly readers are interested in helpful tidbits like Fixing my Keurig B60 coffee maker (22,800 hits) and  Nerf Gun Meeting Control (50,100 hits) so I will be posting much more of that type of content here.  If I can help people be more effective and self sufficient, I'll call that a win.

Next on this list is just to "live".  Going through the motions, earning a living, paying the mortgage is not enough.  Not for me, not for anyone.  I envy so many of the young people in my life who were raised in a time that was not entirely focused on "grow up, get a job, work hard, then die".  We all must play more.  Focus this year is on improving my golf game.

Another big focus this year will be to continue work supporting social change and the efforts of people in developing countries.  North Americans spend far too much time whining about first world problems when there are entire populations who need clean drinking water.  Forget the 1%... What can the 99% do to help each other?

I am planting a stake in the ground and marking this as a year of revolutionary change.  I see that on business, personal and social levels.  I will be a catalyst for change and societal norms will not get in my way.

As we say in Calgary, its time to Cowboy Up.  Hope you all come along for the ride.


No comments: